Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love Note Pillows

OK, so I didn't think I had a use for most decorative trims, but the more I get into quilting, the more uses I seem to find for them. These "pocket pillows" just look boring without a little bling! :-)

The project is simple, really. Here's the short version: Cut two hearts out of the same fabric,and then cut a "half-heart" (bottom part only), and a strip of contrasting fabric. Fold in half the strip of fabric, sew it to the top of the half-heart, and it's best to sew on any bling or decoration at this point. Layer the fabric of the full heart up, then the half-heart up, and finally the back, full heart face down. Align all edges, pin together and sew all around the edges, leaving an opening to stuff the pillow. Stuff and sew closed. I don't show a card slid between the heart and it's pocket, but the tutorial someone else did for this project does. They also added a ribbon for a hanger, but I forgot to add one to mine. They are still cute anyway.

Love Notes Tutorial

1 comment:

  1. Those turned out really cute Shelley! Thanks for posting the tutorial and how you did it here. Now I know I will be able to find it when I get time to do it.

    ReplyDelete